Main Features | Installation | Documents & SW Support
Main Features |
- The interface works in one direction only – it only receives MIDI data. Instrument’s keyboard, knobs, sliders and switches are not transmitted as a MIDI data.
- MIDI Thru function (no MIDI Thru-box is necessary).
- Controls the Vermona’s VCOs, VCF, VCA and EG circuits directly from MIDI. The instrument’s tone parameters (control elements on panel) are not MIDI controllable.
- The instrument’s keyboard (VCOs) is controlled only manually or only by MIDI Notes – not both ways simultaneously.
- Easy user control of the interface parameters via MIDI CCs (as well as SysEx for experts):
» 44 MIDI Notes (3 2/3 octaves) range, Velocity sensitive (VCF and VCA control)
» Transpose function (over whole range of MIDI Notes)
» Hold pedal – CC #64 (works with MIDI Notes)
» Legato pedal – CC #68 (tone change without envelope re-trigger)
» Aftertouch (used for instrument’s VCF and VCA modulation, adjustable range)
» Pitch Bend (selectable range ±0 to ±12 semitones)
» User defineable optical indication of the interface status
» User selectable MIDI Channel for communication
- 32 internal memory presets to store the interface user settings (the instrument’s tone parameters cannot be stored).
- Original features of the instrument are not changed and the instrument can be used the same way as before the interface installation.
- Easy installation without the instrument circuits modification.
The interface recognizes MIDI commands:
- Note On/Off (inc. Velocity)
- Channel Aftertouch
- Program Change
- Pitch Bend
- Standard CCs (Hold, Legato, ASO, ANO, RAC)
- Own CCs (# 16-28)
- Common MIDI Synchronization – MIDI Clock
- Common System Reset
- System Exclusive Messages
Installation of all MIDI interface parts into the instrument is easy and no problem should occur if all instructions indicated in the installation manual are kept. Please note that a complete beginner should not carry out the installation. At least basic manual dexterity and knowledge of soldering are required.
The VS-MIDI kit package contains all necessary parts (boards, cables, coupling elements, etc.) incl. owner’s and installation manuals in printed form.
Documents & SW Support |
See list of documents and support software available for download.
Note that Owner’s Manual and Installation Manual in printed form are included in the product delivery.