MXC-200 converter enables to control DMX-512 stage lights via MIDI bus. This allows to control lights from e.g. built-in sequencers of electronic keyboard instruments (the controlled lights are fully synchronized with played song then) or manually directly from the keyboard instruments without the need of special DMX-512 compatible control panel. The converter is designed to control any DMX devices.
- The converter allows to control of up to 200 outputs – DMX channels.
- Each of output has independently adjustable parameters.
- Possible MIDI commands for the lighting apparatus control are Note On/Off, Key Aftertouch, CC (Control Changes) or NRPN (Non Registered Parameters).
- MIDI channel for MIDI communication is user selectable.
- An external switches (e.g. Foot Switches) can be connected for control of functions of the converter.
- All converter’s activities are indicated on backlighted LCD during normal operation as well as during programming.
- All functions are controlled by a user-programmable parameters that are stored in internal device memory.
- All parameters are programmable manually from the device’s panel so no special programming MIDI SysEx message are necessary.
- The device is powered from external power supply adapter – it is not included in the delivery.
For each of controlled DMX channels, it is possible to set independently:
- Default Value – default values of DMX channel after the converter reset
- Conversion Curve – conversion between MIDI input and DMX output data (26 predefined curves)
- Preheat – minimal value transmitted into DMX channel
- Limit – limitation of maximal value transmitted into DMX channel
- Accept Master – “Master” controller enabled / disabled for DMX channel control
- Accept Blackout – “Blackout” function enabled / disabled for DMX channel control
The converter recognizes MIDI commands:
- Note Off / On incl. Velocity (in Note and Note+Aftertouch modes only)
- Key Aftertouch (in Note+Aftertouch mode only)
- Standard Control Changes (ASO, ANO, RAC)
- Own Control Changes (CCs) defineable by user (in CC mode only)
- Non Registered Parameters (NRPNs) defineable by user (in NRPN mode only)
- Common System Reset
- System Exclusive Messages
See list of documents and support software available for download.
Note that Owner’s Manual in printed form is included in the product delivery.
If you are a beginner in DMX-512, see basic info about DMX-512 standard usage.
What power supply adapter can I use?
PSU with these properties can be used: