- The interface controls the KORG’s keyboard, VCF, arpeggiator and some panel buttons (PROGRAMMER and KEY ASSIGN sections) by MIDI commands. They can be controlled manually and by MIDI commands simultaneously.
- The instrument’s tone parameters (other control knobs and switches on panel) are not MIDI controllable.
- The interface works in one direction only – it only receives MIDI data. Instrument’s keyboard, knobs and switches are not transmitted as a MIDI data!
- MIDI Thru function (no MIDI Thru-box is necessary).
- The most significant benefit of the interface is the control of the instrument’s VCF. Modulation of VCF by Velocity and Chnl Aftertouch MIDI commands will allow you to achieve a much richer range of sound colours. Also additional LFO (with many user adjustable parameters) is embedded for extended VCF modulation.
- Easy user control of all interface parameters via MIDI CCs (as well as SysEx for experts):
» 61 Velocity sensitive MIDI Notes (5 octaves range) – Velocity used for VCF modulation
» Transpose function (over whole range of MIDI Notes)
» Pitch bend (up to +/- 2 Octaves – in semitone steps only!)
» Direct control of VCF Cutoff by MIDI CC and Channel Aftertouch
» Functions of additional LFO are controlled by Channel Aftertouch, Modulation Wheel and other MIDI CCs
» The additional LFO syncable by MIDI or fixed clock
» Remote control of ARPEGGIO button, arpeggiator syncable by MIDI or fixed clock
» Remote control of the KEY ASSIGN MODE buttons by MIDI CC
» Remote control of the PROGRAMMER buttons by MIDI Program Change
» Hold pedal (CC #64, works with MIDI Notes)
» Local On function (CC #122, turns the interface off)
» User defineable optical indication of the interface status
» User selectable MIDI Channel for communication
- 64 internal memory patches to store the interface user settings (the instrument’s tone parameters cannot be stored).
- Original features of the instrument are not changed and the instrument can be used the same way as before the interface installation.
- Easy installation without the instrument circuits modification.
The interface recognizes MIDI commands:
- Note On/Off (inc. Velocity)
- Channel Aftertouch
- Program Change
- Pitch Bend
- Standard CCs (Modulation, Hold, ASO, ANO, RAC, Local Off/On)
- Own CCs (#16-23, #40-44, #119)
- Common MIDI Synchronization – MIDI Clock
- Common System Reset
- System Exclusive Messages
Installation of all MIDI interface parts into the instrument is easy and no problem should occur if all instructions indicated in the installation manual are kept. Please note that a complete beginner should not carry out the installation. At least basic manual dexterity and knowledge of soldering are required.
It is recommended to adjust the Korg instrument according to instructions in service manual of the instrument before the interface installation. This ensures trouble-free adaptation and usage of the interface.
The P6-M MIDI kit package contains all necessary parts (board, cables, coupling elements, etc.) incl. owner’s and installation manuals in printed form.
See list of documents and support software available for download.
Note that Owner’s Manual and Installation Manual in printed form are included in the product delivery.