- The interface works in both directions with instrument’s keyboard (receives and sends MIDI Notes). All other control commands are received only.
- Instrument knobs, sliders, buttons and switches are not transmitted as a MIDI data.
- MIDI Thru function (no MIDI Thru-box is necessary).
- Controls the Roland’s DCOs, VCF, Hold, Arpeggiator Clock and Patch Shift circuits directly from MIDI. The instrument’s tone parameters (control elements on panel) are not MIDI controllable.
- The instrument’s keyboard is controlled manually and by MIDI Note On/Off commands simultaneously (in parallel manner).
- Chord mode is embedded for DCOs driven by MIDI Notes.
- Additional LFO for VCF control (64 predefined waveforms + 26 groove shapes).
- Easy user control of the interface parameters via MIDI CCs (as well as SysEx for experts):
» 61 MIDI Notes (5 octaves) range, Velocity sensitive (VCF control)
» Transpose function (over whole range of MIDI Notes)
» Hold pedal – CC #64 (works with MIDI Notes)
» The instrument’s DCOs can be detuned by MIDI Pitch Bend (in semitone steps only) in range 0 to ±12 semitones
» Modulation – CC #1 (for additional LFO)
» Key + Channel Aftertouch (used for instrument’s VCF modulation, adjustable range)
» User defineable optical indication of the MIDI data
» User selectable MIDI Channel for communication
- 64 internal memory presets to store the interface user settings (the instrument’s tone parameters cannot be stored).
- Original features of the instrument are not changed and the instrument can be used the same way as without the interface (“Off” working mode).
- The device delivery contains necessary special DCB cable.
- The device is powered from external power supply adapter – it is not included in the delivery.
The interface recognizes MIDI commands:
- Note On/Off (inc. Velocity)
- Key Aftertouch
- Channel Aftertouch
- Program Change
- Pitch Bend
- Standard CCs (Modulation, Hold, ASO, ANO, RAC)
- Own CCs (# 70-95, 110-119)
- Common MIDI Synchronization (Clock)
- Common System Reset
- System Exclusive Messages
“Groove” waveforms of internal LFO (sine shape of DCO):
MDCB-2v2 is external stand-alone device. It does not need any installation.
Use special DCB cable (part of delivery) and standard Jack-Jack / MIDI cables for interconnection.
See list of documents and support software available for download.
Note that Owner’s Manual in printed form is included in the product delivery.
If you are a beginner in DCB, see basic info about DCB communication.
What power supply adapter can I use?
PSU with these properties can be used: