MXC-200 converter enables to control DMX-512 stage lights via MIDI bus. This allows to control lights from e.g. built-in sequencers of electronic keyboard instruments (the controlled lights are fully synchronized with played song then) or manually directly from the keyboard instruments without the need of special DMX-512 compatible control panel. The converter is designed to control any DMX devices.
- The converter allows to control of up to 200 outputs - DMX channels
- Each of output has independently adjustable parameters.
- Possible MIDI commands for the lighting apparatus control are Note On/Off, Key Aftertouch, CC (Control Changes) or NRPN (Non Registered Parameters).
- MIDI channel for MIDI communication is user selectable.
- An external switches (e.g. Foot Switches) can be connected for control of functions of the converter.
- All converter's activities are indicated on LCD during normal operation as well as during programming.
- All converter's activities are controlled by a user-programmable parameters that are stored in internal device's memory. All parameters are programmable manually from the device's panel so no special programming MIDI SysEx message are necessary.
- Dimensions - 140 mm (width) x 35 mm (height) x 105 mm (depth).
- Device is powered from external supply adapter - it is not included in the delivery.
For each of controlled DMX channels, it is possible to set independently:
- Default Value - default values of DMX channel after the converter reset
- Conversion Curve - conversion between MIDI input and DMX output data (26 predefined curves)
- Preheat - minimal value transmitted into DMX channel
- Limit - limitation of maximal value transmitted into DMX channel
- Accept Master - "Master" controller enabled / disabled for DMX channel control
- Accept Blackout - "Blackout" function enabled / disabled for DMX channel control
The device recognizes standard MIDI commands:
- Note Off / On incl. Velocity (in Note and Note+Aftertouch modes only)
- Key Aftertouch (in Note+Aftertouch mode only)
- Standard Control Changes (ASO, ANO, RAC)
- Own Control Changes (CCs) defineable by user (in CC mode only)
- Non Registered Parameters (NRPNs) defineable by user (in NRPN mode only)
- Reset Common system command
- System Exclusive messages
Panels of MXC-200:
- SYSTEM button for system parameters editation
- OUTPUT button for parameters of DMX output editation
- ENTER button
- INC / ON button for data change
- PREVIOUS button for parameter selection
- NEXT button for parameter selection
- EXIT/RESET button
- DEC / OFF button for data change
- MIDI-THRU/OUT output
- MIDI-IN input
- Socket for external switches
- DMX-512 output
- Socket for external supply adapter
Example of connection to MIDI and DMX systems:
|MIDI System Exclusive communication
|DMX-512 Specification (USITT)
|SysEx Msg generators
||Java script based support software - archive
|Usage of SysEx Msg generators
|SysEx Checksum Calculator
||Link to support software
|Demo - Display control
||Demonstration MIDI file for LCD control - archive
| SPECIFICATION |
DOCUMENTS & SW SUPPORT |
| Home |
Price List |
Buy / Order |